Friday, August 17, 2007

A Business and Motivational Seminar

Finally we get there.

We have been working on developing our ideas and presentations. We practiced, got feedback, fine tuned, and practiced some more. We have been working at it for almost two months now.

Tomorrow morning we will be putting on our first show.

It is yet another practice session. But this time we will be doing it as if we were doing it in front of a paying audience. It's an ALL DAY event, in Spring Texas, just north of Houston. We will have audience members other than just us speakers, and they will be giving us THEIR feedback. We will take that, fine tune our presentations and do it again next Saturday at Woodlands Texas.

I am confident that ALL our speakers will do great. As the organizer and Director of the Claim Your Freedom Seminar, I have the toughest of all the job. I have to choose which 8 - 12 speakers will be representing us in Oct/Nov when we roll out our Business and Motivational Seminars for Entrepreneurs and Small Business Owners. We have a talented pool of more than 20 Speakers that are more dynamic and more effective than some of the Paid Speakers I have seen and these people are giving their 110% because they are excited about being on stage and following their passion. They are thrilled at the idea that they will be getting paid for doing that as well.

Don't get me wrong. We have speakers in our group that have traveled internationally delivering speeches and conducting training seminars for major corporations and International Professional Associations. These are not rookies by any stretch of the imagination. They are just "breaking" in to the field of Professional Speaking.

If you know someone who lives in Houston, TX area, tell them to be at the Barbara Bush Library in Spring on the 18th and at the Woodlands Library on the 25th. They will be in for a treat of a lifetime.

As for me, I am excited beyond belief and I don't even get to be on the stage. It is not that I don't want to be there, it is just I am not among the top 12 people, and with all the work involved in putting the Seminars together, I wasn't able to devote the kind of time I need to put in to be able to have a professional quality presentation. Besides, I realized that my passion is in bringing new, exciting and challenging events into fruition. I get thrilled doing things people say can't be done. All along my Business Career I have taken challenging assignments and succeeded, and once I'd done that, I was looking for the next challenge.

When we started the Claim your Freedom Seminars, the idea was just to help each other, a couple of friends of mine and myself. but when you are following your passion, things just take off and you are having so much fun you can't believe that it is possible to get paid for doing this. I have found that people who are really successful and wealthy, people like Warren Buffet, Sam Walton, Bill Gates and Steve Jobs have always followed their passions and before they were considered geniuses, they were considered foolish dreamers.

I am a Dreamer who loves to chase his dreams, and I've found that in doing so, you find a whole lot of others who are also dreamers, but are afraid of following their dreams, let alone chasing them. It is they who provide me excitement, for they are looking for someone who can just say to them, it is OK to follow your dreams. Here let me show you how you could do that and be able to live a life of fulfillment. I know it seems scary at times, but it is like riding a roller coaster, or jumping off the high dive into a swimming pool. Fear and excitement are just two sides of the same coin, and that is why they feel the same. What you're feeling is not fear, it is excitement.

I am excited! Can you tell?

Rasheed Hooda aka Mister Weirdo

1 comment:

Walter Paul said...

thank you for expressing the differences and similarities between fear and excitement - I believe that this is a topic worth much more and indepth viewing and exploration!

Walter